Skip Navigation

Go Eagles!

East Wake Academy High School


Go Eagles!

East Wake Academy High School

Go Eagles!

East Wake Academy High School


Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of frequently asked questions about East Wake Academy athletics:

Q: What do I need to tryout for a team at EWA?
A: All propspective student-athletes must have a "Try-out Ticket", which is handed out by the athletic director.  In order to obtain a try-out ticket, a prospective student-athlete must submit a physician-signed physical, parent/guardian signed waiver, NCHSAA Eligibility Authorization Statement, & Gfeller-Waller Student-Athlete & Parent/Legal Custodian Concussion Statement Form on file with East Wake Academy before coming out for any athletic team. 

Q: How do I know if I have the proper paperwork on file with EWA?
A: You will need to contact Coach Eason( in the Athletic Department to check and see if your paperwork is up to date.  This information cannot be posted publicly. Starting the 2015-2016 school year you will not be allowed to tryout for a team unless you have a "Tryout Ticket" from Coach Eason.  All paperwork will be due no less than one full week in advance of tryouts. You will need to present your Tryout Ticket to your coach before being allowed to come out for the team.

Q: How long are my physical, waiver & concussion forms good for?  Do I need a new one each season?
A: All paperwork is good from one calendar year from either the date of exam (signed by physician), or date the parent & student-athlete sign the waiver and concussion forms.  You do not need to submit a new form each season.  (I.E. If turned in paperwork for a Fall sport, you will not need to turn in any paperwork until the following Fall.  However, you will need a Tryout Ticket to come out for a Winter or Spring sport).

Q: How do I find out if I made the team?
A: We post final cuts to our athletics web site,  You will need to go visit the team page and click on "Roster" to see if your name is listed by 9:00 p.m. on the final day of try-outs. 

Q: How can I quickly find out about tryouts, practice/game changes?
A: The best source of quick information is by signing up for "Fan Alerts" via the athletics web site.  You can choose e-mail, text message, or both.  Alerts also show up on each team's individual page under "Team News".  You may also try following @EWA_Athletics on Twitter.  We have the most active athletic Twitter account in the NCHSAA!

Q: How do I join the Booster Club?  Does it really save me money?
A: Booster memberships are available throughout the entire year, but most easily purchased at "Meet The Coaches Night" in the Fall.  There is no doubt that the membership will save you admissions cost if you attend all of the home games for that season.  You can also visit their web site for information here:

Q: How do I find out about volunteering at home events?
A: There are volunteer opportunities for every sport, including cross country & golf.  Most are posted on the Boosters web site under the link "Volunteer".  All volunteer hours can be counted towards the required household volunteer hours to attend EWA. 

Q: Is there a cost to playing athletics at EWA?
A: ? Athletic Payment: All student-athletes are asked to pay a $100 athletic contribution per sport, per season.  This contribution is used solely to help pay a portion of the costs involved with renting fields/facilities, purchasing equipment, and paying for officials.   Contribution can be paid by cash or check.  Checks can be made payable to ‘EWA Athletics’ and can be turned in to the Athletic Department or dropped in the lockbox that hangs in the Athletics’ Office. All Athletic payments / contributions are tax deductible.

Q: How does transportation to games work at EWA?
A: East Wake Academy does not currently own any buses to transport student-athletes to away events.  We are a caravan school and parents/guardians are responsible for getting their child to an away event, or arranging carpooling with another teammate.  All middle school student-athletes must be signed out at the main office prior to leaving campus for a sporting event.  Coaches cannot transport student-athletes due to liability. 

Q: Are there academic eligibility standards for student-athletes?
A: Yes, student-athletes must have a 'C' or above in all subjects AT THE TIME of grade monitoring.  If they slip below a 'C' in between periods they will remain eligible & have the opportunity to bring their grade up until the grade monitoring date.  If academically ineligible, a student-athlete will remain ineligible until their grade is brought up to a 'C' or better.  They may return to play the day that we get written or verbal confirmation from the teacher and/or principal that they are back in good academic standing.  If a student-athlete finishes a quarter failing, their grades are reset at the start of the following quarter.  The ineligibility does not carryover unless at the end of the Semester the student-athlete is cumulatively failing 2 out of 4 classes in high school; or 3 out of 6 classes in middle school.  They must pass the minimum number of courses required by the NCHSAA during each Semester or they will be academically ineligible the entire following Semester.  

Q: How much is admission into EWA sporting events?

  • Adults                  $5.00
  • Students              $3.00
  • EWA Students     Free


**Jersey returns.  Cannot play next season until jersey is returned.**